CHAPEL HILL, NC – November 19, 2013 – Jennings, the North Carolina-based healthcare marketing agency, announced today the launch of Physicians In Focus, a new business unit that specializes in the production of high quality physician videos. Physicians in Focus will be dedicated to the development of engaging physician marketing programs and online video content that meet the expectations of today’s connected consumer. In addition to prospective patients and family members, campaigns will also target referring physicians who are gradually integrating digital communication into their daily routines.
“The simple truth is that patient care is delivered by physicians and health care providers, not by hospitals, buildings or health systems. Through the use of well-crafted physician videos, patients and family members can learn more about the person who will care for them. Patients will be able to assess the likelihood they will relate well to the physician, be comfortable sharing their life stories and working together to improve their health,” said Dan Dunlop, Jennings Principal.
Selecting a physician is one of the most important decisions an individual makes. For those facing serious illness, this is the individual who will guide them through their treatment and the ensuing journey to good health. Physicians in Focus will give hospitals and health systems a more meaningful way to introduce consumers to their physicians through online video segments. In general, video content is far more effective at capturing the attention of prospective patients and in conveying the personality and demeanor of a given physician.
Jennings developed Physicians in Focus to address a number of challenges currently facing hospital marketing and physician relations departments. The service will help hospitals and health systems to:
- Attract new patients through the development of engaging online physician videos. These videos are typically leveraged across a number of digital platforms including hospital websites, YouTube, Google+ and Facebook.
- Assist prospective patients and their families to select physicians with whom they relate by viewing introductory videos of the physicians.
- Engage community physicians and introduce them to the hospital’s leading specialists by way of online video.
- Inform community physicians of new procedures, treatments and research that can be accessed through the hospital or medical center.
- Attract new physicians to their medical staff by portraying the hospital as a physician-friendly organization as evidenced by the way it actively markets its physicians.
- Aid in physician retention efforts by demonstrating the organization’s willingness to promote this valuable asset.
- Enrich the hospital’s digital footprint and improve search engine rankings through the addition of meaningful video content.